Hormones help the body communicate. These chemicals travel throughout the body and tell the tissues and organs what they need to do. For this reason, too little or too many hormones can cause some of the following symptoms:
- Weight gain
- Dry skin
- Unexplained and/or sudden weight loss
- Weakness, muscle aches and/or tenderness
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst and hunger
- Depression, anxiety or irritability
- Decreased sex drive
Natural hormone therapy can help individuals dealing with hormonal imbalances. These hormones, which are composed of estrogen, progestin, testosterone and other hormones can help restore sex drive, increase weight loss, promote a healthy aging process and improve your overall well being.
What are Bioidentical Hormones?
These natural hormones are mostly derived from yam or soy products and are then customized for you. They are not synthetic and mimic the identical structure of human hormones. Created as a small pellet, after applying local anesthesia, the bioidentical hormones are inserted under the skin, usually near the hip or buttocks.
How Does Hormone Replacement Therapy Work?
By replacing dwindling hormones or balancing them out with a natural substitute, the body is able to fix many of the issues associated with hormonal imbalances.
The BioTe® Delivery System
The BioTE system delivers the most effective delivery system in bio-identical hormones. These pellets are small — about the size of a lentil — are derived from naturally derived and are formulated and customized just for you. They are not synthetic, simulations or replicas.
The reason Dr. Ghozland prefers bio-identical hormones is that they possess the identical structure of human hormones. In the form of a small pellet, these hormones are inserted under local anesthesia during a simple procedure. After local anesthesia is administered, the pellet is placed painlessly under the skin in the hip or buttocks.
The insertion procedure takes around 10 minutes, and each implantation can last up to four months. These pellets use a combination of estrogen, progestin, testosterone and other hormones. Each pellet is customized to fit the patient’s individual needs. Dr. Ghozland uses his expertise in hormone therapy in correlation with extensive blood work to bring patients just the right amount of hormones for their body physiology.
What to Expect During Treatment?
Natural hormone replacement is not a one size fits all therapy. Each patient will receive a personalized hormone replacement prescription. Most patients report few side effects from natural hormone therapy. Still, some studies have shown that hormone replacement therapy may increase the risk of blood clots and strokes. In older women who use them for extended periods of time, some studies show an increase in the risk of heart disease and breast cancer.
Who Benefits From Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Bio-identical hormones will help women with post-partum depression, early menopause, menopause, perimenopause and pre-menstrual symptoms who are suffering from hot flashes, night sweats, memory loss, mood swings, weight gain, low libido, etc.
Men experiencing male menopause (i.e. andropause) might like to try HRT to reduce symptoms of weight gain, lost libido, fatigue, stress and body fat.
With the bio-identical hormone replacement BioTE therapy, women and men benefit from:
- Better overall well-being and performance
- Less irritability and nervousness
- Reduced hot flashes and night sweats
- Accelerated fat burning and weight loss
- Enhanced sexual desire and overall energy
- Improved memory functions
- Increased resistance to osteoporosis
- Improved emotional state and outlook
- Looking, feeling and acting younger
- Reduced menstrual migraines
- Reduced post-partum depression
- HIV/AIDS patients on bio-identical hormone replacement therapy have experienced a reduction in chronic fatigue.
Bio-identical hormones are not a generic product. Every patient receives a personalized hormone replacement prescription. Services include:
- Consultation consisting of a review of the symptoms, family history and personal history
- Thorough screening and blood testing
- Quality compound pharmacy for your correct hormonal composition
- Maximum hormonal match, balance and comfort
- Consistent evaluations
- Fitness and nutrition recommendations